Our current Vacancies
VME are currently looking to recruit for the post of Warehouse Technician, based at our warehouse in Knutsford, approximately 20 minutes south of Manchester.
With over 20 years of industry experience, VME has established itself as a major European supply company for all aspects of sound, lighting, AV and broadcast equipment.
- Hands on preparation of sound and lighting equipment for productions and dry hires to the highest standard
- Checking in equipment returned from hire
- Ensuring all equipment is kept clean and well presented
- Ensuring workspaces are kept in clean and orderly condition
- General service, maintenance, and repair of equipment
- Liaising with General manager regarding maintenance of equipment and ordering of spare parts
- Loading / unloading of vans and trucks
- Occasional deliveries / collections and site work (Full UK driving license required)
- Candidates will need to be flexible in terms of working hours and may involve some working away from home and/or weekend work.
- Adhering to company Health and Safety policy
- Ideally some experience in the AV, sound and lighting industry
- Ideally PAT testing experience
- IT and communication skills essential
- Ability to work as part of a team and alone when required
- Attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve and to work to deadlines
- A strong work ethic
- High self-motivation and the ability to take initiative
- High standard of personal presentation
- Flexibility and a can-do attitude
- Full UK driving licence
- Forklift truck license an advantage but not essential
Training and Career Progression
Training will be provided, as required. Career progression within in the company will be available.
Standard working hours would be 09.30 till 17.30 Monday to Friday, however overtime opportunities will be available and weekend shifts will be required.
28 days per year (this includes the statutory Banks Holidays)
A company pension scheme is available after the normal probationary period, which the company contributes to on a monthly basis.
In the first instance please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
VME are always keen to grow our database of freelance sound & lighting designers, engineers and riggers.